We want all anglers and visitors to respect the lake and the surrounding areas. To save any embarrassment or potential misunderstanding the following rules apply at Lac de Lumiere.
Anglers can arrive at any time however they will not be allowed on the lake until 1 pm and must vacate the lake area at 10 am on the day of their departure. Should there be no one on the lake at the time of your arrival you will be allowed on earlier.
- Maximum of 3 rods only at any one time and must not be left unattended if lines are out.
- No braided mainline, leaders or lead core allowed. (Braid can be used on spod and marker rods only).
- Rig tubing must be used at all times.
- Minimum mainline 15lb
- Maximum hook link 20lb.
- No bent or long shank hooks.
- Micro Barbed hooks only.
- No fixed leads allowed, only rigs utilising a proper lead discharge system are to be used. Rig checks are mandatory and can happen at any time.
- When fishing in the stalking swims 2 Rods only to be used. Recovery sling and landing net must be at hand at all times. Fish may be retained in a landing net or sling for a maximum of 10minutes.
- Unhooking cradles (provided by us) must be used when preparing fish for weighing and photographing.
- Please ensure antiseptic clinic /medi gel is used on ALL hook holds and other injuries.
- No sacking of the fish whatsoever. Anglers may keep the fish in the provided recovery sling in the water for a short period of time where assistance is required. If you’re caught with a sack you will be asked to leave with no refunds
- Please treat the fish with respect. Keep handling time to a minimum when weighing and taking photographs of your fish. Please return your fish as soon as possible.
- Please ensure that all fish photographed are done so kneeling over the provided cradle and in no circumstances hold the fish standing up.
- Bait Boats are permitted but please respect neighbouring anglers.
- No nut baits allowed. Boilies containing Nut ingredients are OK.
- When using the Rowing boats, you are asked to wear the life jackets provided.
- Absolutely NO LITTER, this includes cigarette butts. Please use the ashtrays and bins provided.
- Please use the toilets provided on-site. Defecating around the lake will not be tolerated, please don’t pee in your swims.
- No Fires, BBQ’s are allowed but must be used in the ‘social’ area’
- Should you get snagged in trees or underwater please do not ‘pull’ for a break. Use the boats provided and go to the area where the fish is snagged and attempt to get the fish out.
- Dogs are allowed on the Lake but please ensure you clean up after them.
You are on holiday and by all means, have a drink and enjoy yourselves but please note if incapable of fishing through drunkenness you will be asked to ‘sleep it off’ without lines in the water. This is for your safety as well as for the fish.